Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Version of the Gratitude Tree

This is my version of this Thanks Giving Gratitude Tree.

I used 2 brown construction papers to make the tree and I used her leaves templates which I printed them on construction paper. I laminated the leaves so I can also use them for a leaf matching activity later.

I will use wet erase sharpies to write on the laminated leaves.

Thank you Max and Mum Kids Activities for this great idea!


This is how I'll do this activity.

Everyday I will ask my son what is he thankful for and I will write it on a leaf and we will tape it to the tree. By the time Thanksgiving comes the tree should have plenty of leaves!

Variations:

- You can have your child draw a tree or paint one;
- You can use real brunches to make the tree;
- You can have your child cut the leaves and tree;


If you have any other ideas, please share them by leaving a comment below!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE gratitude trees - and great idea to laminate the leaves for a matching activity! Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday. I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Deb! I love your blog! Thank you for leaving such a nice comment! Monica

    ReplyDelete