Sunday, September 7, 2014

First Grade Curriculum Choices 2014


We set up this room to do part of our homeschool work and the rest we do it in our school house.


This is where I keep the curriculum not being used at the moment and other supplies.

This is the set up for AAS on the magnetic board that my husband made long time ago.

All About Spelling (AAS) Level 1: The first part of this level teaches the phonograms. So since he knows that we will skip it. And also we are going to go fast through the middle part because he knows most of the words taught there but it will serve as a good review and it teaches some grammar rules that he doesn't know yet.











Exploration Education activity book above and projects below. We haven't started it yet. I liked the fact that it shows a video, then there is 2 activities to do on the activity book. It seems easy and it comes with pretty much all you need for the projects (you need things you already may have around the house).


This is fun!!! He really likes doing this workbook. You need to read the first word
then it will give you a clue for the word above it and if you still don't get it there is another clue.. you got to work all the way up that ladder...he really enjoys this word ladders workbook.


Umi likes this book. Maybe because it is kind of easy for him so far but like in the picture below
it helped him also to learn how to draw a flag and other things...so not only he learns math but also practice handwriting.


This is fun. I use it as a group activity so my 3 year old takes part of this too. 
I ask the question, they answer and I write it. Everything goes...it helps them to think out of the box.


After we are done with the review of the continents and we are finish with our North America Continent Box we are going to dive right into learning about our country into more detail. This book was fun and it helps children remembering the name of the states.


This book is a good read. It includes, history, geography and science.


This is our history book we are going to start reading. It is written as a story book what makes it fun and easy to follow. We will also make a timeline from the beginning of the world..

This is Handwriting without Tears for 2nd grade but in Spanish. They have the English version. It is going to help my son to perfect his handwriting.

This is his notebook I prepared for him, it has math and language in Spanish, and other things I thought I'd like him to learn this year. The picture above shows the first activity he did for the first day of classes. It is an all about me sheet I printed from the internet.


I have ordered other things from the charter school so I will add it to this post when I get it.
Using our workboxes helps us to keep all the curriculum organized. So when I fill each workbox hanging file I put one of these curriculums in each number...easy peasy! 

We do art, Montessori and hands on materials in our school house

What is the curriculum your child enjoyed the most?






1 comment:

  1. This is definitely an incredibly rich resource that you have spent so much valuable time developing, I'll recommend it to parents at our school as well as link to it in our Montessori Resources section so that our teachers can take a look. Thanks! Check us out too at C’e Montessori Preschool in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete