Thursday, September 15, 2011

What really matters


Kristin's mother said..."it seems like your generation is different. You don't care about how clean your house is, you spend more time with your children."

I  replied: I like what your mother said! That's the way it should be. Children always come first! I rather have a messy house but a happy child. It makes me frustrated when the house is messy because it seems like it is never the other way around. But it is easier to mess up the house when you are living in it constantly. I am a stay home mom, and my oldest child is 2 1/2. We are home always unless we go t the park and things like that. You know what? The day we die we won't take with us the house or the red rods but all the memories of our life. That is what matters.

"The day we die we won't take with us the house or the red rods but all the memories of our life"

Spending time with my children is the most important thing for me. I love them to pieces! I always tell Big Boy I love him truly, madly, deeply (like our favorite song).  My question is why do we need or want a museum like house? I think it is nice to have a clean house. I would love to have a house that looks beautiful. But am I willing to sacrifice my nights, the only time I have that I can spend time with my husband to clean or organize the house? No way, Jose! We all need time for ourselves, mommy-daddy time and time with our children. They come first...I do clean and I do organize whenever I can. But if a funnier opportunity comes knocking at my door I ready for the fun!


If you are a clean freak and you love doing it, great, by all means. I am not trying to say that a messy house is better. But for me is better a happy son that a super neat, clean and organize house. I say that because I cannot have it both. I can either make the house happy or my children. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment